Pages

Monday 20 January 2014

Adverbs of manner


 Adverbs of Manner tell us the manner or way in which something happens. They answer the question "how?". Adverbs of Manner mainly modify verbs. They are usually formed from adjectives by adding –ly.

If we behave in the way all these adverbs from the image recommend, I am sure we will be happier.




You can do exercises on adverbs of manner by clicking  herehereherehere  and you can revise the grammar and do some more practice  here.



Katy Perry tells us the way she will love someone in her new song Unconditionally. Watch the video and read the lyrics below.




"Unconditionally"

Oh no, did I get too close?
Oh, did I almost see what's really on the inside?
All your insecurities
All the dirty laundry
Never made me blink one time

Unconditional, unconditionally
I will love you unconditionally
There is no fear now
Let go and just be free
I will love you unconditionally

Come just as you are to me
Don't need apologies
Know that you are worthy
I'll take your bad days with your good
Walk through the storm I would
I do it all because I love you, I love you

Unconditional, unconditionally
I will love you unconditionally
There is no fear now
Let go and just be free
I will love you unconditionally

So open up your heart and just let it begin
Open up your heart and just let it begin
Open up your heart and just let it begin
Open up your heart

Acceptance is the key to be
To be truly free
Will you do the same for me?

Unconditional, unconditionally
I will love you unconditionally
And there is no fear now
Let go and just be free
'Cause I will love you unconditionally (oh yeah)
I will love you (unconditionally)
I will love you
I will love you unconditionally 




And now, it is time for a joke from ESLjokes.net. You can learn lots of adverbs by heart.

Country roads





Henry Kilburn loved fast cars. One day he looked out of the window and saw that the sun was shining brightly.
   ‘It’s a good day for a drive in the country,’ he said to himself, happily.
So he set off in his shiny red sports car and turned on the radio. He started singing loudly to one of his favourite tunes and he put his foot down on the accelerator. The car was moving quickly through the countryside, when he went over the top of a hill and saw another car moving towards him. The woman in the car was driving very slowly, and she was honking her car horn.
   As Henry passed her, she rolled the car window down, put her head out and shouted loudly, ‘Pig! Pig!’
   ‘Ridiculous,’ Henry thought to himself angrily, ‘I know I’m driving fast, but I’m driving carefully. Just because I'm driving fast, it doesn't mean I'm driving badly.’
   ‘Stupid cow!’ he shouted at her out of his window and drove away even faster.
   Around the next corner he crashed his car into a pig.